MythMobile is a MythWeb plugin that turns your iPad, iPhone, Android, or Windows Phone 7 device into the most advanced remote control for the Linux based open source MythTV DVR system.
The following features are supported in MythMobile.
- Portrait and Landscape support
- WebApp install-able (SpringBoard icon) for iOS
- View information on all recorded shows including watched/un-watched
- Browse MythVideo via the cover browser
- Filter videos on watched/un-watched
- Select a Frontend and play selected videos on it from the mobile device
- Remote control a playing instance
- Quick-jump to plugin screens, such as ZoneMinder or Games
- Colors configurable to match your Frontend
- AJAX, caching and custom libraries for a fast, app-like feel
The following features are under development for future versions.
- Fix for iPad 2 cover display bug (Movie covers don’t line up correctly causing side scrolling)
- WebApp Caching for iPad/iPhone to increase speed of cover loading
- Streaming support for viewing MythTV videos on the mobile device (full Frontend support)
- Moving all configurations in config.php into the device settings screen
- Direct integration with MythWeb so it’s installed when you install MythTV
- Updates to MythFrontend to fix issues with myth://Video@ urls with
bookmarks that crash after start (currently to launch a video from the
client, you have to have access to the videos via SMB or NFS on the same
folder as the storage group to get around this)
- Updates to MythFrontend to enable external command calls, such as starting
Use the instructions below to install MythMobile.
- Download the latest version below
- Uncompress the archive
- Copy the files into the root of your MythWeb folder, overwriting any that are there (/var/www/html/mythweb). (NOTE: Copy, don’t move the files. Moving the directories will overwrite directory structure and you will lose files)
- Ensure php-pecl-apc and php-gd is installed (yum install php-pecl-apc php-gd)
- Disable APC slam defense in /etc/php.d/apc.ini (Add “apc.slam_defense = Off” without quotes to the end of the file)
- Restart httpd (service httpd restart)
- If you wish to use covers and fan art, ensure those storage group folders are set up on the backend
- Edit modules/mobile/include/config.php
- Set $mythvideodir to the root folder for where your mythvideo files are located. (To play videos from MythVideo, files must be accessible via the same folder name on every Frontend (using SMB and/or symlinks). This is required due to a bug in MythFrontend with myth:// URLs described above under Future Development.)
- $themecolor can be ignored, and configured from the mobile device Frontend.
- By default, all Frontends with Remote Control enabled will be listed. If you would like to limit this list, created $allowedFrontends records as demonstrated in the config file.
- Edit includes/config.php in the main mythweb directory and change any occurrence of “Cache_Null” to “Cache_APC”
- If you wish to extend the cache time to keep from loosing active frontends every 10 minutes, edit classes/Cache.php and change occurrences of 600 to 9000.
- Replace skins/mobile/img/background.jpg with an alternative background image if you wish.
- Visit the MythMobile URL (http://yourserver/mythweb/mobile)
- If on the iPad, bookmark and pin to Springboard to use full-screen. If you do not do this, certain functions may not work properly due to scaling.
Please do not distribute MythMobile outside of this site. Directing links here will ensure the latest version of MythMobile is always in circulation.
Download the latest version: mythmobile.0.01.tar.gz
Remember to check out the rest of the site!
- Initial release